Monday, April 28, 2008

New beginings

Last week I received a letter addressed to you. Guess what, its your panther’s insurance renewal notice. Yeah your brother never got round to transferring the bike to his name. Guess he wants to hold on to it for keep sake. I worry that the bike may not be in working condition when he comes back… oh well, we’ll see.

Speaking of your brother, his graduation 1st degree is coming soon and I’m planning on going. Its in July so it will be pretty hot I suppose but hopefully not too much. I still remember yours and the excitement. Looking back, I regret discouraging you from coming home to attend your doctoral graduation. I can’t help thinking if things could have worked out differently.

Its really uncanny but a couple of weeks ago, I woke up in the middle of the night thinking I heard your brother calling me. The tone was what you or your brother usually used when you guys were exasperated with me. I was groggy from sleep and the first thought was that I must have left my pc on and he was calling me on skype. I was too sleepy to get up and basically ignored the call. In the morning, I thought about it and realized it could not be as I would have needed to accept the call even if CS had called.

Upon reflection, I remembered how much alike the two of you could sound. Maybe you got through somehow huh? I am torn between wanting to speak with you one more time and the assurance that you are in a better place. I need you to tell me that this was truly your destiny and that you are happy where you are now. I need to hear you say that the powers be had bigger things planned for you that could not wait.

In the meantime, I’ve taken steps to close some chapters in my live and to open new ones. Your zeal for life continues to be the strength I feed on to be strong.

Love, mom

No comments: