Thursday, August 11, 2011

A night of treats

Last weekend I was back in KL for my monthly visit. But what was so special about the last visit has everything to do with your mom. She hosted a birthday dinner for Raj at Bombay Palace (our first choice was Vansh but we found out that it has gone out of business); that was not all. We had Raj's parents with us, some thing we cherished, since it is not easy to get them eating out. We left the menu selection to Raj since he knows what everyone likes. Your mom was a perfect host that night, keeping everyone suitably entertained. To top it all, we noticed that we were attracting some attention from the other diners, who must be quite tickled seeing the two of us dressed up in sarees! Your mom looked fantastic in the orange color saree I got her when I was in India. And oh, Raj's mom had the foresight to bring a saree for me; it was a very sweet baby blue which suits my paler skin tone. Admittedly, we enjoyed the attention at dinner, and the company of Raj and his parents, of course. Somehow, I was reminded of the dinner with you and Li Huey at Mandarin Hotel.

No comments: