Thursday, December 10, 2009

I see you in my dreams

I see you in my dreams and in this dream i want to stay,
But all too soon the stirring of wakefulness reaches through,
And with consciousness comes reality, Then a wave of pain descends upon my being,
Reaching deep down, squeezing my heart until I cry out in agony,
Hot tears flow freely and sobbing aloud seems the only relief,
Until the instinct for survival takes control,
And instead be grateful for the time with you,
For the light and warmth you brought to my life,
Forever in my heart, my angel........

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Wendy,

Met Guat Tin yesterday and today in Spore. She mentioned about Mei Phing and I'm reminded of her early passing.
I hope much you'll take heart and find solace in Rober Frost's short poem:

Nothing gold can stay

Nature's first green is gold,

Her hardest hue to hold.

Her early leaf's a flower;

But only so an hour.

Then leaf subsides to leaf.

So Eden sank to grief,

So dawn goes down to day,

Nothing gold can stay.

With much wish that you heal well and soon,

Sheng Bin

wendy said...

Sheng Bin... thanks . how are you doing? its been a long time since i last saw you