Monday, August 18, 2008

Living the moment

I did wonder if I should wear the kebaya that I had worn for your graduation but felt it may be too formal given that your brother had already said no dress code. So instead I put on a summer dress and almost froze for my vanity. Good thing I had the good sense to bring along a jacket and silk scarve. These did the trick and kept me warm. Auntie Choo2 kept warm in a borrowed winter coat from Dorcus.. :)

We took a road trip to Scotland and I was and still am pretty surprised that your brother and I did not fight even once. We drove up to Edinburgh then to Inverness (did not see any monster) and then on to the Isle of Skye before heading back to Liverpool. Edinburgh is a really beautiful city with all its old majestic looking buildings and quaint alley ways. In terms of scenery, I would have to say the Skye won hands down. Rolling hills, green green meadows and cliffs dropping into tap clear water and super clean beaches. My only regret was not having planned for a dip. However we made up for it at a little town called Mallag. We were also up close and personal with the train used in the Harry Porter movies. Your brother was so excited.

Throughout the entire trip, I kept feeling your presence. The thought of living the moment for you was always hovering in my mind. Not sure if I fully understand the rationale, just one of those things I suppose. You would have enjoyed every minute of this trip just like you did everything else that came your way.

Like Pheng says, we are not quite ready to let you go... and so we cling on to your memory.

No comments: